Every Thursday at the Casa is “Bodega (Grocery) Day.” Families obtain a ticket from the Social Service office, and bring a bag to fill.
In many cases, this bag of groceries may be all the food the family has for the week.
The families typically receive:
- A kilo of beans
- 2 or 3 loaves of day-old bread
- Miscellaneous cans of food, depending on what’s been donated
- Maybe small potatoes or squash
- Backyard fruit that’s been donated
It’s a treat for the visitors to the Casa to receive fresh fruits and vegetables!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Please help us feed the poor of Tijuana on Bodega Day each week!
- Please send your donation to: Casa de Los Pobres USA, c/o Pat Erzinger, 6432 Cardeno Drive, La Jolla, Ca 92037
- NEW! Donate ONLINE by credit card or PayPal!
- Questions: Pat 858-551-9245 or Jackie 858-412-5544
Casa De Los Pobres, U.S.A. Tax ID #45-0514951