“My name is Delia. I give thanks to Casa de los Pobres and benefactors as it is through you all each week I receive breakfast and groceries to take home, for me so much needed. I also have received blankets and shoes and tarp to cover my place as water came in. I am fortunate that this place and people still exist and think about the poor. It was very difficult during pandemia to have a job at least for 2 or 3 days. I thank God with all my heart, may He give you many blessings.”
Your donations make a great impact on the poor served by the Casa each month!
So many thank God each day for all that your donations make possible . . .
- Many visit the Casa to receive their only hot meal for the day
- Others receive medical care they so desperately need
- Scholarship aid is given to deserving students to break the cycle of poverty in the future
It is comforting for the people to be received with love and compassion. All of this is possible through your continuing support. EVERY donation is valuable and goes a long way in the hands of the Sisters of the Casa. THANK YOU from all of the people rceiving this help! A special thank you to all those who donated blankets, warm clothing, and food. It’s still cold in the hills surrounding the city, and these precious items bring so much comfort.
How you can help this month
The rain and damp weather during the month have made it difficult for those living in the colonias. The roads become muddy and it is wet everywhere. There is an ever-present need for extra:
- FOOD: canned tuna fish, peanut butter, oatmeal, cereals, canned milk, baby formula, canned vegetables (green beans, corn)
Thank you for your generous help. The basic foods are distributed through the Casa bodega to help feed the families throughout the week.
Everything you contribute to Casa de Los Pobres USA goes directly to help the people. We have NO overhead, just minimal fees from PayPal and credit card donations. 100% of all other monetary donations you contribute goes directly to help the people. The truck comes to 6432 Cardeno Drive, La Jolla every Tuesday to pick up donations.
NOTE NEW ADDRESS FOR CHECKS:
For those of you who have generously contributed for so many years, sending checks to Pat’s address, we ask that you now use the P.O. Box:
Casa de Los Pobres USA, P.O. Box 9596, San Diego, CA 92169
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR KIND HEART AND GIVING SPIRIT
March 2022 Report
- 23,350 people received a meal, many received a second meal during the day
- 1,050 General medical clinic and prescriptions filled
- 2,525 bags of groceries were given
- 690 people personally attended in Social Service Office (includes persons who received blankets, hygiene supplies, shoes, and clothing)
- 2 trips were made to deliver food, blankets, clothing, and tarps to far away neighborhoods
- 35 Scholarship aids were given